Overcoming the Hidden Errors of Preanalytics in Blood Gas Testing
enero 1, 0001
This webinar is hosted by the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) and the speakers are Ana-Maria Simundic, PhD, EuSpLM and Brenda Suh-Lailam, PhD, DABCC, FAACC.
NOTICE! - This webinar have been postponed. New date and registration coming soon.
About this webinar
Preanalytical errors in blood gas testing often go unrecognized and can impact patient care. This webinar explores ways to overcome hidden preanalytical errors in blood gas testing. During this hour, you will have the opportunity to engage in a live Q&A with the speakers, Prof. Simundic of Zagreb University in Croatia, and Dr. Suh-Lailam, of the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, as they review the challenges with preanalytical errors in blood gas testing and what you can do to address them. They will share their perspectives and experiences from both sides of the Atlantic Ocean.
Join this webinar to learn more about
- Identify the most frequent preanalytical errors in blood gas testing
- Describe the impact of common preanalytical errors on patient test results
- Recognize the value of collaboration and training to mitigate preanalytical errors
About the speakers
Ana-Maria Simundic, PhD, EuSpLM
Professor, Medical Microbiology
Head, Department of Medical Laboratory Diagnostics
Clinical Hospital Sveti Duh, Zagreb
Zagreb University Zagreb, Croatia
Brenda Suh-Lailam, PhD, DABCC, FAACC
Director, Clinical Chemistry, Point-of-Care Testing, and Quality
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Department of Pathology
Associate Professor of Pathology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Who should attend?
- Lab supervisors
- Lab directors (and/or assistant directors)
- Lab managers (supervisory and/or non-supervisory)
- Point-of-care coordinators
- Other laboratory professionals overseeing and/or carrying out blood gas testing
- This education activity will be submitted to AACC for approval of up to 1.0 ACCENT credit(s)
- Release date: March 16, 2021
- Credit valid through: March 31, 2022
Successful Completion Statement
Verification of Participation certificates are provided to registered participants based on completion of the activity, in its entirety, and the activity evaluation. For questions regarding continuing education, please email firstname.lastname@example.org